FIRST LEGO League (FLL)
FIRST LEGO® League introduces elementary an middle school students to real-world challenges by building LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robots to complete a variety tasks which simulate a real-life technological challenge, and to conduct project research in finding innovative solutions to resolve real-world problems. Each year, a new challenge is announced globally. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and learn to make positive contributions to society leading up to and during annual competitions.
Grades 4-8 (ages 9-14 in US and Canada; ages 9 – 16 outside US)
- Strategize, design, build, program, and test a LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robot.
- Create innovative solutions for today’s real world problems as part of their research project.
- Apply real-world math and science concepts.
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self confident.
- Become involved in their local and global community.
- Choose to participate in official tournaments and local events.
- Qualify for an invitation to World Festival.
- Engage in team activities guided by FLL Core Values.
2012-13 “Senior Solutions” Challenge:
FIRST LEGO League page
NJ FIRST LEGO League Associated Partner Contact: Ernie DiCicco (email@example.com)
Finding Local Events
New Jersey FIRST LEGO League Teams (unofficial list):
Livingston Robotics Club Links:
LRC FLL Blog Entries