LRC Jr.FLL Expo, Livingston, New Jersey
Join us in our outdoor Jr.FLL event! The next Expo will be held on Saturday, May 24, 2014.
Email us at to request event registration information for Jr.FLL teams. For spectators, just stop by our tent (no need for registration).
When: 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM on May 24, 2014
Where: At the Livingston Oval. Our big white tent will be located near the address “1 Civic Center Road, Livingston, NJ” using Google Map. For GPS, you may use “357 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ” to get you to the intersection of South Livingston Avenue and Civic Center Road.
Parking: The entire area of Livingston Oval (Civic Center Road and Robert H Harp Drive) will be closed to vehicular traffics on that day. Park your car at the rear parking lot of the Livingston Municipal Building (357 South Livingston Avenue) then walk to our tent location. Please use caution when crossing the South Livingston Avenue as it is a busy roadway.
Raining: In case of raining, the event will be moved to Livingston High School cafeteria (30 Robert H Harp Dr, Livingston, NJ). Park your car at the north parking lot (near the football field and the swimming pool) and enter at the north entrance. Check our website main page. We will post on our site when we decide to move indoor.
Our Expo is Unique
Click here to see our past programs (2010 Smart Move, 2011 Body Forward, 2012 Snack Attack and 2013 Super Seniors) to get an idea of what our Expo is like. It a unique outdoor Jr.FLL Expo experience, coinciding with the Family Festival Day, a free town-wide outdoor event for kids of all ages to have fun.
In addition to the exhibitions done by children at a typical Jr.FLL Expo, we add special exhibitions and enrichment activities for participants, for examples:
- Live video conference with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineer on the Curiosity Mars rover that they were building
- Computerized driver-less SUV from Princeton University
- BioBus, a mobile biomedical engineering lab
The Post-Expo Surprise*
We do not stop just when our Expo is ended. We usually coordinate an additional activity for children who participate in our Expo to work on something at a later date. The post-Expo activities are to provide enrichment contents and to inspire our young scientists and engineers. In the past two years, we kept the details of the post-Expo activity as a surprise. The surprise was announced at the Expo. Here are examples of our post-Expo activities:
- After the Smart Move Expo, the participants created a card and sent it to NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory mission team (builders of Curiosity Mars rover). They received the response back from the mission team. See this article for the full story on that.
- Children who participated in Body Forward Expo were invited by St. Barnabas Medical Center to attend a special hands-on workshop in robotic surgery. They got to try out daVinci Surgery system. See this article for details of the post-expo event.
Highlights from May 2013 Expo*
- An exhibition from Saint Barnabas Medical Center on the “Thirty Years of Medical Technology” to look back on how the lives of our seniors have changed in the medical cares.
- A 45-minute interactive science show related to medicines by “Mad Science” (from 12:30 PM to 1:15 PM)
- Jr. FLL teams (ages 6-9) presenting their “Super Seniors” projects and LEGO models that incorporate motors and computer programming.
- “Livingston’s Stuff The Bus” food drive for Livingston’s C.H.O.W. (Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse) of the St. Philomena Church
- FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge robot demonstration by team Landroids, Exit 5 Robotics, Alpha Force and PowerFlow
- Frisbee throwing robot by FIRST Robotics team Mechanical Mustangs
- Family friendly activities including a petting zoo, art & craft, face painters, a giant blow-up obstacle course and slides, adopt-a-pet, and a chalk walk, food and music among others.
- See more from our Super Seniors Expo page
* Special exhibits and activities (including post-Expo event) are subject to change or cancel without notice.
Email us at to request event registration information for Jr.FLL teams.
- If you are not yet familiar with Jr.FLL, see Jr.FLL Information Page