LRC Jr.FLL Expo, Livingston, New Jersey
Join us in our outdoor Jr.FLL event! The next Expo will be held on Saturday, May 23, 2015.
Email us at to request event registration information for Jr.FLL teams. For spectators, just stop by our tent (no need for registration).
When: 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM on May 23, 2015
Where: At the Livingston Oval. Our big white tent will be located near the address “1 Civic Center Road, Livingston, NJ” using Google Map. For GPS, you may use “357 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ” to get you to the intersection of South Livingston Avenue and Civic Center Road.
Parking: The entire area of Livingston Oval (Civic Center Road and Robert H Harp Drive) will be closed to vehicular traffics on that day. Park your car at the rear parking lot of the Livingston Municipal Building (357 South Livingston Avenue) then walk to our tent location. Please use caution when crossing the South Livingston Avenue as it is a busy roadway.
Raining: In case of raining, the event will be moved to Livingston High School cafeteria (30 Robert H Harp Dr, Livingston, NJ). Park your car at the north parking lot (near the football field and the swimming pool). Check our website main page. We will post on our site when we decide to move indoor.
Our Expo is Unique
Click here to see our past programs (2010 Smart Move, 2011 Body Forward, 2012 Snack Attack, 2013 Super Seniors and 2014 Disaster Blaster) to get an idea of what our Expo is like. It a unique outdoor Jr.FLL Expo experience, coinciding with the Family Festival Day, a free town-wide outdoor event for kids of all ages to have fun.
In addition to the exhibitions done by children at a typical Jr.FLL Expo, we add special exhibitions and enrichment activities for participants, for examples:
- Live video conference with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineer on the Curiosity Mars rover that they were building
- Computerized driver-less SUV from Princeton University
- BioBus, a mobile biomedical engineering lab
- Live science demonstrations by Mad Science
We do not stop just when our Expo is ended. Once in a while, we coordinate an additional activity for children who participate in our Expo to work on something at a later date. The post-Expo activities are to provide enrichment contents and to inspire our young scientists and engineers. In the past, we kept the details of the post-Expo activity as a surprise. The surprise was announced at the Expo. Here are examples of our post-Expo activities:
- After the Smart Move Expo, the participants created a card and sent it to NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory mission team (builders of Curiosity Mars rover). They received the response back from the mission team. See this article for the full story on that.
- Children who participated in Body Forward Expo were invited by St. Barnabas Medical Center to attend a special hands-on workshop in robotic surgery. They got to try out daVinci Surgery system. See this article for details of the post-expo event.
Highlights from May 2014 Expo*
- A 45-minute interactive science show by “Mad Science” (from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM). The show included demonstrations of weather related elements through fun activities: vortex generator and hovercraft riding to demonstrate air pressure; Tesla coil and a piece of paper can catch fire to demonstrate the result of wild fires by lightnings; and a demonstration with chemical volcanic eruption.
- Jr. FLL teams (ages 6-9) presenting their “Disaster Blaster” projects and LEGO models that incorporate motors and computer programming.
- FIRST LEGO League (FLL) and FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) robot demonstration by team Landroids, Alpha Force, Super Solution, Spongebots and Exit 5 Robotics
- Ball throwing robot by FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team Mechanical Mustangs
- Family friendly activities including a petting zoo, art & craft, face painters, a giant blow-up obstacle course and slides, adopt-a-pet, and a chalk walk, food and music among others.
- See more from our Disaster Blaster Expo page
* Special exhibits and activities (including post-Expo event) are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Email us at to request event registration information for Jr.FLL teams.
- If you are not yet familiar with Jr.FLL, see Jr.FLL Information Page