The 4th annual outdoor Livingston Robotics Club Jr. FIRST LEGO League (Jr. FLL) Expo is here! All 2012-13 registered “Super Seniors” Jr. FLL teams will present their projects and LEGO models including moving parts and robotics programming.
Come and cheer young children ages 6-9 from 7 NJ Counties: Bergen, Camden, Essex, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris and Passaic. This event is open to the public.
Date: Saturday, May 25, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Where: At the Livingston Oval. Our big white tent will be located near the address “1 Civic Center Road, Livingston, NJ” using Google Map. For GPS, you may use “357 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ” to get you to the intersection of South Livingston Avenue and Civic Center Road.
Parking: The entire area of Livingston Oval (Civic Center Road and Robert H Harp Drive) will be closed to vehicular traffics on that day. Park your car at the rear parking lot of the Livingston Municipal Building (357 South Livingston Avenue) then walk to our tent location. Please use caution when crossing the South Livingston Avenue as it is a busy roadway. In case the parking lot is full, please use the parking lot behind the St. Philomenas Church to the south of the oval.
The Jr. FLL Expo will include additional free enrichment and outdoor activities:
- An exhibition from Saint Barnabas Medical Center on the “50 Years of Medical Technology” to look back on how the lives of our seniors have changed in the medical cares.
- A 45-minute interactive science show related to medicines by “Mad Science” (from 12:30 PM to 1:15 PM)
- Jr. FLL teams (ages 6-9) presenting their “Super Seniors” projects and LEGO models that incorporate motors and computer programming.
- “Livingston’s Stuff The Bus” food drive for Livingston’s C.H.O.W. (Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse) of the St. Philomena Church (Each person brings a can if you can!)
- FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge robot demonstration by team Landroids, Exit 5 Robotics, Alpha Force and PowerFlow
- Enjoy many family friendly activities including pony rides, a petting zoo, craft tents, face painters, a giant blow-up obstacle course and slides, fire trucks, adopt-a-pet, and a chalk walk, Go Karts, food and music among others.
Learn about why the Livingston Robotics Club Jr. FLL Expos are so special! http://www.livingstonrobotics.org/expo/
Attending teams (19 teams):
|623||Chatham Lego Heroes||Chatham|
|1775||Minds on Lego||Voorhees|
|2273||Lego Super Starz||Parsippany|
|3395||Super Flaming Bot Builders||Livingston|